Legal Questions

Common Questions

Common Legal Questions in California

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Get answers to common legal questions from experienced Santa Rosa bankruptcy lawyers, family law attorneys, employment law & real estate lawyers, and trial attorneys at Embolden Law PC. Call us at (707) 230-6008 to schedule a consultation and get legal help today.

My issue was several years back. Can I still file a lawsuit?

It depends on the type of lawsuit you have. The statute of limitations, which is the deadline for filing a lawsuit, is different per case and per state. We offer free consultations to evaluate if you still have time to file. “Time is of the essence” so call us today at (707) 230-6008.

I work in San Francisco, live in Santa Rosa and have a labor dispute. Can you help outside of Sonoma County?

Yes. We are licensed to assist clients across the state of California. Each US state has its own labor code in addition to federal laws. At Embolden Law PC, we have extensive experience in dealing with employment issues of all sorts.

What should I do if I suffer from workplace abuse?

Unfortunately workplace abuse is more common that we think. Sometimes it is created by a specific co-worker, supervisor or vendor, while other times it is created by poor company management and ethics. Either way, it is illegal and workers in California are protected under the law. Abuse can be physical and/or emotional. Various labor laws protect from discrimination and harassment. To better understand your legal rights and options, you should speak with an experienced labor law attorney like those at Embolden Law PC.

My spouse wants a divorce but I do not. What can I do?

In the US, we have what is called “no-fault” divorces which means that if one spouse wants a divorce, they cannot be stopped from doing so. Unfortunately you cannot stop the divorce proceedings. You can try to ask your spouse for a cooling off period after which he or she can reconsider the divorce or you could have a friend or spiritual leader speak with your spouse. Either way you should meet with your own divorce lawyer to make sure your legal rights are protected.

My ex-spouse has stopped paying alimony. What can I do?

We can help you! It can be a difficult situation financially and emotionally for you and your child and immediate legal action should be taken. Our attorneys will first speak with you, review the final judgement that was made during your divorce or child custody dispute and then advise you on your legal options. Once we have the facts, we can guide you through the process and represent you as your family attorney. You are not alone; call us today at (707) 230-6008.

My ex and I have shared custody of our teenage daughter and she wants to live with him full time.

Children, especially during their teenage years, can cause issues to the decision that was made legally regarding their custody. Often times, unless someone files for a petition for modification of the child custody agreement, no legal action is needed. We can recommend some different steps you and/or your ex-spouse could take to ensure a continuation of the agreement. In such delicate situations, we highly recommend you meet or speak with us so that you can understand the legal implications of your teenager’s decision.

My neighbor is saying that our new driveway impedes on his property and is going to sue us if we do not remove it.

It can be scary when a person frightens you with a lawsuit. The truth is often time neighborly matters can be resolved amicably via legal mediation. In some more drastic situation California real estate laws but also laws that might be involved in your specific situation.

embolden law pc

Facing Financial and Family Law Concerns?
Consult our Santa Rosa Family Law and Bankruptcy Attorneys!


embolden law pc
Embolden Law PC

Serving Clients Throughout the Santa Rosa, North Bay, and the Sonoma County, CA Area!

Santa Rosa Office


Embolden Law PC

823 Sonoma Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404, USA


Mon: 8AM - 5PM
Tue: 8AM - 5PM
Wed: 8AM - 5PM
Thu: 8AM - 5PM
Fri: 8AM - 5PM
Sat: Closed
Sun: Closed

Facing Financial and Family Law Concerns?
Consult our Santa Rosa Family Law and Bankruptcy Attorneys!

Footer Form

Copyright 2024 Embolden Law PC - All Rights Reserved | Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions

santa rosa family lawyers

A Fresh Start

Find relief and get back in control of your life! Take action today toward your new future.

Santa Rosa Bankruptcy Lawyer

Free Yourself from Fear and Anxiety about Your Debts

A Fresh Start

Thank you for taking the time to submit a request for our book! If you opted to receive a hard copy, please check your email as we will notify you at the soonest possible time.


In the meantime, you may now download the digital copy of the book by clicking on the button below.

Santa Rosa Bankruptcy Lawyer

Free Yourself from Fear and Anxiety about Your Debts

santa rosa family lawyers
Santa Rosa Bankruptcy Lawyer

Facing financial, family, or business challenges in California?

You don't need to go through it alone. Call our experienced attorneys at Provencher & Flatt LLP to get legal help in bankruptcy, family law, business law, & employment law.

Please be aware that submission of this no-obligation form does not establish an attorney-client relationship. By filling out the form, you agree to receiving emails from our firm regarding your case evaluation and other helpful resources. 

I need help with: