Santa Rosa Attorney
About Our Santa Rosa Attorney
I want to help people. I went to law school to learn a way to help people when they are facing legal challenges. Legal problems may be simple or complex but the important thing is caring about the people.
– Douglas Provencher
Since 1977, Douglas Provencher has applied his experience and expertise to help his clients throughout the California Bay Area. His background includes representing individuals and businesses in contract disputes, insolvency cases, professional liability lawsuits, real estate matters, and more. He has tried numerous jury and court cases in both state and federal courts with an excellent record of beneficial results. He conducts regular bankruptcy workshops for low-income residents in Marin, Sonoma, Lake, and Mendocino Counties as part of the California Rural Legal Assistance office.
Born in Detroit, Michigan, Doug stayed in California after a tour in Vietnam with the United States Army. He attended law school at night while working to support his family.
- Family Law
- Debtor and Creditor Rights
- Trial Practice
- Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy Litigation
- Financial Litigation
- State Bar of California
- Utah State Bar-Inactive
- Former Certified Specialist, Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Former member Bench Bar Liaison Committee for the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum
Significant bankruptcy matters
- In re Yeager & Kirk – Santa Rosa | Chapter 11. | Represented debtor.
- In re McNiel – San Jose | Chapter 11. | Represented debtor.
- In re Hayward – Santa Rosa | Chapter 11. | Represented debtor.
- In re RJW Lumber – Santa Rosa | Chapter 11. | Represented debtor.
- In re Preston Lumber – Santa Rosa | Chapter 11. | Represented creditors.
- In re Cascade Acceptance – Santa Rosa | Chapter 11. | Represented debtor.
- In re Keith – Santa Rosa | Chapter 11. | Represented debtors.
- In re Golden Eagle Estates – Modesto | Represented secured lender owed $3 m.
- In re Bhatia – Sacramento | Represented secured lender owed $2.5m.
- In re Norman – Santa Rosa | Represented secured lender owed $700k.
- In re Greg James Ventures – Santa Rosa | Represented secured lender owed $2m.
- In re Carinalli – Santa Rosa | Filed involuntary bankruptcy.
Significant State lawsuits
Westec v Stimson-Sonoma County. Obtained a judgment for more than $400,000 in a jury trial asserting claims for breach of contract and fraud in the sale of a winery.
Plumb v. Utah-Utah. One of four lawyers for approximately 15,000 depositors seeking over $106 million resulting from five failed thrift institutions in Utah. Settlement resulted in depositors receiving $100 million.
Norton v. Collectronics, Inc.-San Francisco. Defended malicious prosecution jury trial where plaintiff sought tens of millions of dollars.
Prosecuted a financial elder abuse case in Mendocino County. After a five day court trial, the court awarded $2.2 million in damages to Doug’s clients.
Family Law case is Mendocino County. Resulted in a $5 million dollar benefit to client after 10 days of trial.
Contact Our Santa Rosa Attorney Today!
If you’re struggling with debt, our Santa Rosa bankruptcy lawyers can help you seek bankruptcy & debt relief Santa Rosa, North Bay, Lake, Mendocino, Marin, Napa, and Solano County, California area.
We also assist in tax resolution, family law, real estate, workplace investigations, employment law, litigation, and financial disputes in California. Call us at 707-596-6641 to schedule a consultation with an experienced Santa Rosa attorney.
Serving Clients Throughout the Santa Rosa, North Bay, and the Sonoma County, CA Area!
Santa Rosa Office
Embolden Law PC
823 Sonoma Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404, USA
Mon: 8AM - 5PM
Tue: 8AM - 5PM
Wed: 8AM - 5PM
Thu: 8AM - 5PM
Fri: 8AM - 5PM
Facing Financial and Family Law Concerns?
Consult our Santa Rosa Family Law and Bankruptcy Attorneys!
Copyright 2023 Embolden Law PC - All Rights Reserved | Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions